Happy 20th Birthday to the Harry Potter Series!!
Some of y’all may not know this about me, but I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and I love this series just as much at 23 as I did at 12… so I’m thrilled to celebrate that 20 years ago today J.K. Rowling invited us into her beautiful world. Which, by the way, I’m still hoping does really exist, anyone else still waiting on their owl letter?
In honor of today, I’m rounding out my favorite 12 Harry Potter quotes of all time. I hope they will inspire you to live a little bit more like Harry. He has taught us to be brave, a loyal friend and above all else, to be someone who will always stand up for what is right.
- ‘It is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities.’ – Albus Dumbledore
- ‘If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.’ – Sirius Black
- ‘Perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it.’ – Albus Dumbledore
- Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.’ – Ginny Weasley
- “No good sittin’ worryin’ abou’ it. What’s comin’ will come, an’ we’ll meet it when it does.” –Hagrid
- “Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.” – Albus Dumbledore
- “There are all kinds of courage,” said Dumbledore, smiling. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – Albus Dumbledore
“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.” — Albus Dumbledore
“Every great wizard in history has started out as nothing more than what we are now, students. If they can do it, why not us?” — Harry Potter
“Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” — Albus Dumbledore
“The ones that love us never really leave us. You can always find them.” — Sirius Black
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Albus Dumbledore
That’s it, if you need me today, I’ll be binge watching Harry!!! Have a magical day!