What to Post on Instagram
I know that posting every day and constantly having new content can be hard. I’ve personally noticed that when I’m consistent and post every day, my photos are at the top of the Instagram feed. If I skip a day, my photos are lower in the feed. So, in my opinion, it’s really important to be posting every day. Instagram seems to rewards people who constantly post and will push that photo to the top, while people who don’t post every day will get shoved to the bottom. Here are some photo ideas on those days when you are uninspired.
- Food- Honestly the social media joke of people not caring about what you’re eating for lunch is so wrong. My food posts are some of my highest engaging photos. Whether you are at a trendy restaurant or cooking at home, just add some natural lighting and you are good to go. Yummy and functional!
- Flowers- I love a good flower photo, always a crowd pleaser.
- Flat Lays- I love to look at flat lay photos on Pinterest for placement info. Grab a few things you have laying around – your lipstick, laptop, glasses and you’re all set!
- Outfit- Everyone loves a good #OOTD pic, whether you are out and about or at home in your apartment. Style on!
- Pets- I know not everyone has pets, but I’m sure you have a family member or friend who does. People LOVE pet photos, they are adorable!
- Coffee- Everyone loves a good coffee or coffee shop photo. Pro tip: Next time you hit up a cute cafe, take photos of your coffee on different tables, different parts of the cafe, just your hand etc. You can use these as “stock photos” in the future.
- Selfie- I actually don’t know why more bloggers don’t selfie. I think the depth difference (since it’s more up close) looks great on a feed. Even better if you can selfie with your family or friends. It seems very in the moment and organic, something people, in general, are craving more of.
- Architecture- No matter where you live, you have something you can show off whether it’s cool buildings, the beach or the country. Show off your town! And make sure you tag where you are too! Read my post “Instagram Hack: Locations” for why this is important.
- Inspo Photos- Snag a photo of your fav celeb or decor inspo you saw on Pinterest. Just be sure to give credit when you can.
- #BTS aka behind the scene – people love to feel like they are getting an inside glimpse into whatever it is you are doing. Show them a peek at what project you are working on, what equipment you use or your work space.
Til next time, keep doin’ it for the ‘gram!